Pages

May 9, 2011

Indecisive... Help.

I need your opinion. I have to make a book jacket for an assignment.
I chose The Bell Jar (obviously), 
so I need you, lovely people to pick which one you like best.
Because I am indecisive, and can't make a decision to save my life.
If you read the book, which one do you think goes best with it?
Which one do you think is most unisex? 
I don't want a guy to be embarrassed to hold this book.
But at the same time, I'm pretty sure this book appeals more towards women.
Just tell me everything you want about these choices, even if you hate them,
I will still love you.
(You can click on them to make them bigger.)



Keep in mind, it is a book jacket, so the outside pages fold inside, then the cover and back, and the spine.
 Thank you!

8 comments:

  1. I love the middle one, but I'm a sucker for anything vintagey-looking. I'm not a huge fan of the color red though, so I think it'd be cool to maybe do that blue instead... but then again the red fits the vintagey picture... soooo either way. (:

    p.s. I also like the first one. That'd be my second choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you said, the target audience is closer to females. The last cover is super feminine given that it has light colors. (Not sexist, just human nature/psychology) The middle one contains more a deep strawberry red with a dark green making it feel like a deeper, more intense novel. It would be the best choice for the non unisex cover. With that said, the first would be the most unisex because males can relate to a blue/black combination much more easily than a red (or pink haha). But, the flower background on the letters does still envelope the "female feel" to it without drastically affecting the overall intensity for the guy that's holding it. To be honest, I wouldn't want to hold the last cover, but I would hold #1 and #2. In the end, I like #2 most, but #1 is most unisex :)
    -Carlos Kidman

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the middle one! ah, darling! it does have as anonymous said more of a female feel, so go with #3 for unisex :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lOVE this book. I would like to see number two but in the greenish color. In DDT I demand this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The second one is definitely the most unisex. It's also the best one, in my opinion, it has a vintage look and holds my eye longer than the 1st or 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. personally, i like the second one, with the legs, the best. but since you wouldn't want a boy to be embarrassed holding it, which i assume they would be, holding a book with unclothed legs on it, i would go for the last one. i'm now interested in reading that book. good work!

    ReplyDelete

tête-à-tête